Saturday, January 21, 2012

New playground for me

Well, I have decided to play at "Color Combos Galore" this week. This is my first time trying a challenge for them.

Color Combos Galore inspiration Board #215


So for this challenge, the Design Team is asking for not only a color challenge, but also they give you a "Designer's challenge" and there is a "Bonus Challenge" as well. So three areas to consider for this layout; here's my entry for this challenge:

All Dressed Up
Color Challenge: yes, done
Designer's challenge: "Putting on the Ritz," use hats, got it, done
Bonus Challenge: Use inspiration from the photo and tell us about it: I used the sugar flowers. I have a collection of flowers made by Kitchy Digitals called "candy coated garden." They are super cute, and fit right in with this sweet photo. The photo reminded me of them immediately. Also, what do you use in a bakery? Baker's twine of course! So I had to use some of that as well.































Journaling says: All Dressed up with nowhere to go! Who says you need a special occasion to get gussied up? Charlotte loves to put on hats, shoes, blankets… whatever is handy. It’s fun to put stuff on, that’s all she knows at 15 months old. It’s delightful to watch her explore her world… fills my heart with joy and makes me smile… inside and out.

Stuff:
Kitchy Digitals "candy coated garden" flowers
Two itsy bits of paper from Rhonna Farrer (yellow and pink)
individual frames and background overlay from Paislee Press "gallery frames No3"

Now all I have to do is figure out how to link up my blog with their challenge. Wish me luck!





4 comments:

  1. So Beautiful Page Michele !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, this is simply gorgeous! Love the lightness of it.
    I can definitely see you took some inspiration. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CCG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's perfect...I love all of those frames! Thanks for playing at Color Combos Galore :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Michele! Love all the inspiration you took from the challenge and the photos are so incredibly sweet. thanks for playing with us, your page is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete