Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Color Love

I know that a lot of scrappers use sketches, and I’ve only used them once or twice I think. But since I usually scrap color challenges, I thought it would be fun to try something different. So I decided to try a sketch from Creative Scrappers this week. I chose to work with #195.

Here’s the sketch: Creative Scrappers #195
Here’s my layout: Color Love


Close up of cute face:



I wanted to use a boatload of colors and not to be restricted by that, so I went a bit crazy with the rainbow. But if you read the journaling, you’ll see why that was appropriate for this page.

Journaling says:

For as long as I can remember, when I would ask Charlie her favorite color, she would say, “rainbow.” She just loves color, and not just one or two, she wants an entire rainbow. Don’t give her just a couple crayons; give her a gigantic box. Then she’s happy.

To understand this fully, you need to know another aspect of Charlotte’s personality. She is such a sweetie; she wouldn’t want to hurt any of the colors feelings by saying that she likes them less than others.

In these photos she is coloring at a local restaurant called “Dish.” Having a handful of crayons and a page to color just kept her happy as any kid could be.

Three years old • Feb 23, 2007

Stuff:
Holiewood  “Art Box” #1 and #2
Tumble Fish Studio “Random Favorites” kit
Kitschy digitals paper flowers, butterfly and two frames
Crowabout Studio “Dirty Words”
Beth Rimmer “Printers Blocks” alpha
Tangie Baxter Designs “Studio Remnants—The Portfolio” and “Quickity Split Snippets”

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. great take on the sketch, love the bright colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well first... your name caught my eye... and then I fell in love with your layout!! I had to share!! :-)
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Michele with one L! I think all Michele's with one L are kindred spirits in some way, after all, we've all had our name spelled wrong for most of our lives! It teaches us not to sweat the small stuff. I'm really glad you like my layout, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete